In the Middle-Ages, right oustside the small town of Lansargues, stood the Saint André de Moulines abbey, and its lands.

Although the abbey no longer exists, (it was destroyed during the Hundred Years' War in the 15th century, its ruins remain on the Cassini map of 1774. The smallholding, changed through the centuries, became the Mas de Moulines that can be found on the land registry of 1811. As for the name of the domain, it probably comes from the mills that used to exist along the river of the Bérange, such as the mill of Raines (frogs in ancient French), mentioned on that same document.

The Mas has been through numerous changes over the years, starting with the very shape of the buildings. However, we can date the very farmhouse thanks to what is written on the beam of the attic : 1713 !

Though the domain was the property of the Church for a while, it changed owners several times.

In 1913, Léonce Etienne bought the domain along with its 28 hectars to give it away as a wedding dot to his daughter, Léoncie. She married Charles Saumade, who was born into a family of winegrowers in Lunel-Viel, the mayor of which was his grandfather.

While Charles was at war, his stepfather Léonce ran the Mas. As the owner of the property, he used his time by modernizing the facilities such as the creation of an irrigation system to bring water to the vineyard, or brand new infrastructures for the cellar : hydraulic presses, concrete tanks, etc.

Charles, who was used to riding his horse around the vines, replanted and enlarged the holding. Léoncie and Charles had three children : Robert (1914-2001), Geneviève (1921-2013)*, and Gérard, born in 1921.

The latter diversified plantations after the 1956 frost period (it went down to about -24°C during the winter) : he started growing apples, peaches, apricots, all that while keeping the vines that weren't frozen (hybrids). Then, in the 1970's, as Gérard removed the fruit trees, he chose to plant better grape varieties, such as grenache, merlot, cinsault, ugni-blanc, and aubun. Thanks to this innovative choice, the production became more about quality than quantity.

Gérard also had three children : Nicole, whose son, Vincent, now works on the commercial branch of the domain, Claude and her husband Bernard who maintain the main house and the park, and Michel who now runs the 50-hectare domain of vines.

He is the one that quits doing sales to trading* to the benefit of direct sales. He enlarged and modernized the whole cellar in order to control the making of the wine, from harvest to bottling. He then planted very appreciated grape varieties such as chardonnay, cabernet-sauvignon, cabernet-franc, merlot and syrah.

Michel had three children as well : Charles, Pauline, et Adrien. Though the last two don't seem to be aiming at a career in that field, the elder has started studying viticulture and oenology...